Saturday, September 11, 2010

THE PAWN by Steven James

I think I've discovered a new favorite author. Steven James, author of the Patrick Bowers Thriller series.

I just finished James' first book in the series, The Pawn. It's a grab-you-and-won't-let-go thriller. FBI agent Patrick Bowers is an expert environmental criminologist who studies the significance of time and space in crime investigations. His newest case involves a cunning serial killer who's killed eight women and calls himself The Illusionist. The killer leaves a number of calling cards, including a yellow ribbon and a chess piece--and he always seems to be a step ahead.

With a back story linked to the Jamestown Massacre and Jim Jones, James weaves an exciting story that captured my imagination and kept me guessing to the end. This book is not for the faint of heart. It is graphic and doesn't shy away from the dark side of evil. But that's what makes hope, light, and integrity that much more powerful. I look forward to reading his second book, The Rook.

This book was nominated for a Christy Award in 2008.

4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment